Hello, I'm a freelance Illustrator currently based in Bristol, UK.
If you have any queries or possible commissions regarding literary work please contact my agent Alice Williams at https://www.alicewilliamsliterary.co.uk/ For all other queries regarding illustration commissions, questions or collaborations please email me at email@example.com.
I sell a variety of printed products on my online shop.
Through Betty & Dupree my prints are distributed to shops throughout the UK and internationally.
- 12 Days of Christmas 2020: published by Francis Lincoln,
- QuartoSmall Worlds Earth, 2020: published by Big Picture Press
- Small Worlds Water, 2020: published by Big Picture PressHidden Adventures 2020: published by Egmont
- Herbert’s Garden, 2020: published by Big Picture PressAlba the Hundred Year Old Fish, 2019: published by Big Picture Press
- Silent Night, 2018: published by Francis LincolnThe Night Flower, 2018: published by Big Picture Press
- Cover illustration for 'England: Poems from a School', edited by Kate Clanchy. Published by Picador, 2018.
- The King of Christmas by Carol Ann Duffy, 2016: Published by Picador, imprint of Pan Macmillan Publishing
- Herberto, 2014: Published by Bruaá EditoraI have written and illustrated a children’s book called Herberto, that has been published in France, Portugal, South Korea, Slovenia Italy, China and Brazil. Soon available in the UK and US. More information available here and here
The Night Flower (wrote and illustrated) was selected to represent Arizona at the 19th annual National Book Festival in Washington DC, USA. It was included in the 52 Great Reads reading list, distributed by the Library of Congress’s Center for the Book. Winner for the 2020 CBHL Annual Literature Award of Excellence in Children and Young Adult Literature2020 (The Night Flower)Nominated for the CILIP Kate Greenaway award, 2018 (The Night Flower)Shortlisted for the AOI’s WIA, 2018 (Children’s book category: The Night Flower)Shortlisted for the Lowry's Children's Book prize, 2014. Shortlisted for the Bristol Pound competition, 2015.Guest illustrator at the Cheltenham Illustration Awards, 2014
Two starred Kirkus Reviews for Silent Night and 12 Days of ChristmasPublishers Weekly 2020 onlineThe Scotsman, June 2020 in print & online Picture Books Blogger, January 2018, OnlineLancashire Evening Press 2018 & OnlineGuardian, December 2016, in print & Online Delo Newspaper, July 2015, in print & OnlineRTV4 Short documentary, June 2015Publico Newspaper, 2014
FeaturesMake A Place Online 2018Together and Sunspell Online 2017Illustration Age Online 2017Brown Paper Bag Online, 2015Artistic Moods Online, 2015Ape on the Moon Online, 2015Iheartmyart Onlne 2015Mincho Magazine Issue 04, 2015Publico July, 2014 [in Print] & Online 2014Na revista Atual/ Expresso July 2014'i' magazine July 2014Ruadebaixo Issue No. 98, April / May 2014Loop magazine Alphabet print series 2014Wrap Magazine Issue 08 [in Print] 2013Amelia's Magazine Best Graduate Illustrators, 2013BOOOOOOOM 2013Jackie Magpie 2013
Solo exhibition: Blaze gallery 2018Solo exhibition: Cake Kino 2018Dark Forests: Light Grey Art Lab, Minneapolis, 2017The Grain Barge, 2017Hive: Hamilton House, 2017Hamilton House, Open studios & exhibition, 2016Prints Charming, Hamilton House, 2016London Book fair, Illustration exhibition, 2015Hamilton House Exhibition, 2015Artist of the Month, Hamilton House, 2015Little Universes, Jesharna, Slovenia, 2015Here Gallery, Stokes Croft, 2015Solo exhibition: Blaze Gallery, 2015Opposites: Paper Arts, Bristol 2014Beginning Middle End: Here Gallery, Bristol 2014Three at Five, Falmouth, 2013New Designers, London, 2013D&AD New Blood, London, 2013Falmouth University Graduate Show, Falmouth, 2013Beginning Middle End Exhibition, Truro, April/May 2013Untitled, Falmouth, 2012Neutral Norway, Stroud, 2011Neutral Norway, Falmouth, 2011Creative Collective: Open, Oxford, 2011Home Again, Oxford, 2010
Copyright information All materials on these pages are copyrighted. No part of these pages may be used for any purpose other than personal use, unless explicit authorisation by Lara Hawthorne. Therefore, reproduction and modification in any form or by any means is strictly prohibited without prior written permission.